Saturday, June 1, 2013

Christmas In June



Christmas in June Card by Bridget Louw


Hi Bridget here again with another quick and easy project to make, using an array of wonderful Couture Creations products.

Every year I do the mad Christmas Card rush and promise myself “next year I will star earlier”, so this is my year to get the cards started early.

The card measurements are:
Cream Cardstock:
Base piece measures 5.5” x 11” scored at 5 ½”
Aqua Cardstock: Square 5 3/8”
Patterned Paper: Square 5 ¼”

From the Nesting Dies: Scalloped Oval (C0723045) I cut the 2nd largest scalloped oval twice from cream cardstock. Using the Nesting Dies: Oval (C0723044) I cut the 3rd largest oval, out of one of the previously cut scalloped ovals to create the window for the shaker window. Using a piece of acetate and Nesting Dies: Oval (C0723044) I cut one oval from the 2nd largest oval. Stamp an image and colour it for the background of your shaker box.
Glue the acetate window to the frame. 
 
Slit a piece of the Foam Mounting Tape (C0721963) down to create 2 narrow strips to put all around the window. 
Remove the tape backing and carefully sprinkle glitter in the shaker box. Stick down the coloured image.

Using the gorgeous Blossom die from the Fantasia Collection I cut out a doily from kraft paper.
 

 I stuck down all the card pieces mentioned above.


Added a few Christmas leaves and berries, stamped a tiny Christmas sentiment and put my oval shaker box down. In no time at all my first Chritsmas card was ready to go.

Couture Creations products used
C0723044 Nesting Dies: Oval
C0723045 Nesting Dies: Scalloped Oval
C0721963 Foam mounting Tape
C0721984 Double Sided Tape
C0721957 Self Healing Cutting Mat
C0723044 Nesting Dies: Oval
C0723221 Blossom Die

Other products used
Big Shot Die Cutting machine
Cardstock
Christmas berries and leaves
Stamp

I hope you like my card and will try making some cards with the amazing product range from Couture Creations.

Join us on Facebook and don’t forget to “like” our page.



No comments: