Saturday, August 16, 2014

Prima Doll Tag with Couture Creations

Prima Doll Tag with Couture Creations

Hi, Bridget here again with my second project for Couture Creations as their Guest Designer for August.

I love making cards and every now & again I like to make these large tags instead of a normal card.

Using some pretty girlie papers from Bo Bunny and one of the Prima Doll stamps - Valentina I stamped her, cut her out and coloured her hair and cheeks using some chalks.

I stamped her clothes out on patterned papers and cut out all the pieces.

I covered a Prima Tag with patterned paper.

The next step I did was to cut a layer of spotted paper out to emboss using the beautiful Large Velvet Tea Lights embossing folder from the Marriot Collection (C0723669).

I then cut out the beautiful Splendour Ornamental Lace Die from the Treasured Collection. This is to go behind the tag and just to stick out a little bit for decorative purposes.

Mounting the embossed piece onto some plain cardstock I started assembling the tag, adding lace trim, flowers and the Prima doll that was now almost completely assembled. I added some of Couture Creations Pearls as her buttons.

The last step was to cut a paper bow to decorate the top of the tag, adhere the doily cutout to the back of the tag, add some word fragments and the tag was all done.
Thanks for having a look at my project and thank you to Couture Creations for having me as a Guest Designer for August.

Steampunk Top Hat

Steampunk Top Hat

Hi it's Bridget here and I am so excited to be invited to be a Guest Designer for Couture Creations for August 2014. I got sent the most gorgeous dies and embossing folders from Couture Creations as part of their new releases. They inspired me to create something with a steampunk theme and I thoroughly enjoyed making this. 

I cut and assembled a top hat from a file I had purchased. 

The next thing I did was to stamp and colour a steampunk stamp that I had in my stash.

 I cut a few strips from the Cog Border die from The Metricon Intricutz Die Collection (CO723739).

Next, I cut out a shape using the Victorian Rectangles die (C0723049) and placed a Cog Border die cutout over it and inked the rectangle with Distress ink to create a watermark effect.

 The Large Wire Barbs embossing folder (C0723666) was used on this purple cardstock to create one of the focal points on the front of my top hat. I matted it on a piece of black cardstock and added one of the Cog Border die strips.

The next step was to mist some flowers to match the colour scheme of the Steampunk Top Hat.

 I let the flowers dry and then started assembling all the pieces to my top hat. I added ribbon around the top edge of the hat to cover up all the seams.

It did not take long to make this project and I think the embossing folder and dies made it look that much more "Steampunk-ish". Another winning set of products from the guys at Couture Creations.

Thanks for having a look at my project and I hope you will join me again soon with my second project as Guest Designer later this month.